Nevsun Resources Ltd. (the "Corporation") is committed to ensuring that it identifies nominees ("Nominees") for the board of directors of the Corporation (the "Board") in compliance with all applicable securities laws and regulations and exchange requirements.
- Nominees will be recommended for the Board's selection by a minimum of three Independent Directors constituting a majority of the Board's Independent Directors in a vote in which only Independent Directors participate. The term "Independent Director" has the meaning given to such term in National Instrument 52-110 – Audit Committees.
- In making Nominee recommendations, such Independent Directors will consider:
- the competencies and skills considered necessary for the Board as a whole to possess;
- the competencies and skills that each existing director possesses;
- the competencies and skills a Nominee will bring to the Board;
- a Nominee's proficiency in English, as the operating language of the Corporation;
- a Nominee's ability to attend Board meetings in Vancouver; and
- whether a Nominee will be an Independent Director.
- In addition, such Independent Directors will consider whether a Nominee can devote sufficient time and resources to his or her duties as a member of the Board.
This Nominations Policy was adopted by the Board of Directors of Nevsun Resources Ltd. on July 3, 2018.