Macedonia Exploration Program
Nevsun has significant exploration areas licensed in Macedonia. Macedonia has a long tradition of mining that continues today with active lead-zinc (Sasa,) and copper-gold (Bucim) mines as well as new development projects (Ilovica – porphyry copper-gold, Kazandol – supergene copper; Plavitza – porphyry copper-gold; and Kadiitza – supergene copper in porphyry system).
The mining and exploration industry is recognized by the Macedonian government as a significant contributor to the GDP, and is supported by all relevant ministries. Foreign direct investment is a cornerstone of the Macedonian government strategy.
The mining sector is regulated by a modern mining law that was last revised in 2014.
- Nevsun has two Mineral Exploration Concessions and two Prospecting Concessions in Macedonia
- All targets are early stage exploration projects
- Konjsko Exploration Concession, assessing gold targts and 3 kilometre trend of strong Au-As-Sb-Tl geochemical anomalism
- Dvoriste Exploration Concession, assessing porphyry copper-gold mineralization,
- East Prospecting Concession (Area 1) in the Serbo-Macedonian Belt, and
- Southeast Prospecting Concession (Area 2) in the ‘‘Vardar’’ Zone.
- More on the exploration potential in Macedonia can be found here
Map of Macedonia with location of RMC Concessions, major mineral deposits and mineral belts.